The day I met the Legendary Martin Yan


Not only did I get to meet the legendary Chef, I got to take a picture with him! How it all started was, I got this invite from YTL Platinum PLus to attend a cooking demonstration by Martin, promoting the GE collection of kitchenware. Well, since we didn't have much on, Jen and I thought we might as well go and catch Martin in action, since have both watched his shows - Wok With Yan when we were younger.
It turned out to be a pleasant experience cause we also caught a glimpse of Tan Sri Francis Yeoh (MD of YTL Corp) who walked passed our table when we were having lunch at Lot10 before the event. If you have not been to their newly opened food court, you must give it a try. It boasts of some of Tan Sri's favourite joints - Rumours has it that he personally invited his favourite eateries to open there. Anyway, after lunch we made our way to Starhill for the event. Martin was his usual and witty self as I remembered him, demonstrating his exceptionally skillful knive moves and culinary expertise. We managed to sample his sambal squid and kung pao prawns which of course tasted amazing. It seemed like he mixed in a million different sauces. At the end of the demo, a lucky draw was held and to my utter surprise, my name was called. And henceforth I am a proud owner of an autographed copy of Martin Yan's China cookbook which retails for RM85 at MPH stores.

0 comments:

Post a Comment