No Strings Attached

In this day and age, it is very hard to find one party offering another something good or of value for nothing in return. The term "no strings attached" is an idiom which basically means there no special demands or limits that you have to accept. Usually there would be some hidden clause, phrase or small print within the contract which one has to fulfill in order for one to fully enjoy the product or service. I remember on one occasion I was given a voucher which entitled me to claim an expensive product for just about 10% of the selling price. I was young and naive and believed that something of this nature could possibly exist. Someone once said that "If something is too good to be true, it probably is." I see the wisdom in that statement. I am more careful now of course. Anyway, back to my story. I was so excited about the possibility of obtaining that product at the unbeatable price that I dragged my colleague along with me (who was skeptical about the offer) to the shopping center which was about 40 minutes drive from my office. I stepped in with anticipation looking at the product which I was about to possess for almost nothing, only to be crushed when the sales staff told me "I'm sorry sir, you can only get this product at this price if you buy RM3000 worth of our other products." My colleague was almost laughing his head off and I was sadly fuming mad. Needless to say I walked out empty handed. The P1 Wimax comes with no strings attached...literally!
- Project Alpha Season 2 is presented by Adidas Action 3 and supported by P1 and MAS.

0 comments:

Post a Comment